Lent is traditionally a time for focused bible reading and prayer, and throughout history many Christians have taken the opportunity of Lent to read a section of the bible deeply and thoughtfully.
Because of this a plethora of devotional materials are out there: seven week or forty day bible reading guides, devotional literature and prayer guides. We’ve collected some of our favourites here in this section. If you have any other resources you’d recommend, pleast tweet them to us: @lentproject. We’d love to include them as well.
40 Day Devotionals and Readings
- 40 Stories
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer: God is on the Cross
- Justin Moffatt: Lent Readings in Mark’s Gospel
- Redeemer Presbyterian Church: Lenten Devotions
- West End Presbyterian Church: Lenten Readings
- Tom Wright: Lent for Everyone
- Tom Wright: Reflecting the Glory
Holy Week Devotionals and Readings
Essays, pamphlets and reflections